The Fellowship program is a 1 year-full time paid commitment in which the most promising candidates will be placed as full time English faculty in tribal and low income schools in backward districts of India. The Fellowship program is focused, rigorous and will provide young professionals an opportunity to explore various dimensions of education, and to discover if this is your calling. It is a program, where a fellow will get to understand the realities of functioning of government schools in interior and backward areas of India. The teaching will involve: –
- Classroom instruction during school and off-school hours.
- Designing and initiating remedial learning activities for slow learners.
- Formulating lesson plans on the basis of CBSE curriculum.
- Connecting the children to the world of English language in a productive manner.
- Age between 22-30 years at the time of application.
- At the minimum a graduate from a recognized university/institute with a Social Science, Science, Mathematics degree course, or a post-graduate from a recognized University. Those with degree from universities outside India that are recognized by Association of Indian Universities can also apply.
- At least 50% marks in the aggregate at the graduate or Post-graduate level, whichever is qualifying.
- Information about Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point- is mandatory.
- Candidate should be in a position to make weekly, monthly and annual reports about the student performance in the posted school.
Fill the application and submit it online. The applicant will receive an acknowledgement of its receipt. All information asked for must be provided. Make sure to review the application for its completeness. Incomplete applications will be automatically rejected.
1. What will I do during the 1 year of fellowship?
- During the first month, you would be introduced to your school and co-fellows in the Field location. This will be enabled the teaching experiences you undertake in government schools and through interaction with the local community and children.
- In your remaining tenure, you will gain specific exposure to English teaching in assigned school and how language issues can be tackled in far-flung areas of India.
- In the final month you will submit a report of your experience as an- EL CAP FELLOW.
2. What kind of teaching fellows will deliver?
You have to deliver ENGLISH teaching within the framework of CBSE curriculum
3. What kinds of work exposure will be available during the Fellowship program?
The Fellows would build their experience teaching in government schools, immersion in education to develop/ build their perspective along with participation in Field institute activities to understand the various roles. Some of the other areas that the Fellow can actively participate in at the Field Institute during the 2nd year could be as follows:
- Contribute in documentation, designing publications and building up teaching visuals.
- Participate in developing modules for Subject Knowledge.
4. Do I need to have any prior teaching experience to apply?
No, we are inviting people from a variety of backgrounds, who have a passion to improve the quality of education in the backward and neglected areas.
5. Where will I live and work?
Fellows will be based in various Districts of Chhattisgarh with focus on Bastar Division.
6. Will I receive a fixed stipend?
Yes. The stipend amount will be Rs. 20,000/- per month (Taxes would be deducted as applicable). On your successful completion of the program, you may be offered employment opportunities in the school as permanent teacher or coordinator, at an appropriate compensation package in line with the El Cap practice.
7. Will there be capacity building before I start work in rural India?
Yes. You have to attend one week mandatory training program in the field institute before joining the school as an ENGLISH FELLOW.
8. Where will the training take place?
The initial 1-week induction would be in Chhattisgarh. The subsequent sessions and the field posting would be in the District where you are posted.
9. Will you provide accommodation during the training period?
Accommodation would be provided for initial 2 weeks.
10. Can I leave the Fellowship in-between?
In case you wish to discontinue, you can leave the Fellowship program after completing 6months out of one full year.
11. Am I entitled for any leave during the Fellowship period?
Fellows are entitled to 12 days leave per year on a pro-rata basis, and this will accrue @ 1 day per month at the end of each month.
12. How many days do I need to work in a week?
Typically from Monday to Sunday which varies across locations.
13. Do fellows receive a certificate or acknowledgment after completing the Fellowship?
Yes, upon completing full 1 year of Fellowship Program successfully the Fellows would receive a certificate.
14. When will the program commence?
April 1, 2015
15. Who do I contact for more information about the Fellowship program?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org